Thursday 18 April 2013

TPA themed Skins O.O

As you might have guessed from my League-themed posts, I'm a fan of League of Legends. I have been playing for about a year (started in Pre-Season 2) and I really enjoy it. I most play mid since I absolutely love AP champions. My main is Anivia because I like how she's an ice phoenix and she also does TONS OF DAMAGE. I also play a bunch of other mid champions such as Orianna, Ryze, Annie, and Evelyn.

Anyway this post isn't about why I like League; it's about the new themed skins that are coming out soon.

If you've been following what has been happening in the competitive League scene, then you should know about the Season 2 World Championships that happened last October. It featured teams from North America, Europe, and Asia. One of the teams that competed was Taipei Assassins (TPA). When I first started watching the championships, I paid attention to CLG.EU and Froggen, and Azubu Frost and Rapidstar, mostly because these 2 players were known for playing Anivia exceptionally well. I had no idea who TPA was at the time, and I only found out how good they were when they defeated Moscow 5, the team that people expected to win.

Soon the finals came along and it was TPA versus Azubu Frost. I expected Azubu Frost to win, until I woke up the next morning to see that TPA has won. I was quite surprised to see that since I still had no idea who TPA was. So I decided to look up some information on the team, specifically for info on Toyz, their AP mid. I found out he was really good as Orianna. Now, Orianna isn't my favourite, but I really enjoy playing as her even though I'm not that good as her than with Anivia. So I decided to watch the replays of the championship and videos of Toyz playing Orianna, and dear God, this man is amazing! He's the one who made me pick up Orianna again and helped me play her a lot better.

So you may be wondering, why am I talking about Toyz and TPA? Well, Riot has announced that they will be releasing new themed skins soon. The theme: Taipei Assassins!


Now I can get an Orianna skin that based around my favourite Orianna player (who also happens to be the only Orianna okayer I watch). The champions that are getting the skins are the champions that TPA used in their winning lineup: Orianna, Nunu, Shen, Ezreal, and Dr. Mundo.

I'm looking forward to when these skins get released and I'm definitely going to by the Orianna one since it was Toyz who got be to play Orianna again :)

Still don't know exactly when these skins will be released, but when they are, expect to see me on the Fields of Justice playing as Orianna!

No comments :

Post a Comment